Sunday, January 10, 2010

My New Favorite Top Coat

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Quick Dry Ultra Gloss Top Coat.

Whew, that's a mouthful. A mouthful of AWESOME. (OK, so that made no sense. Bear with me. I do have a point.)

I picked this little gem up for $1.99 at CVS Pharmacy last week. While I love my Seche Vite, I wanted something with more shine to it, and at that price, I thought, Why the hell not? And -- happy dance! -- it is one of the best top coats I have ever used, ever.

Ultra Gloss applies like a dream. The consistency is thin but not too runny -- no big, immovable globs like with some top coats. The brush is pretty great, too, as this top coat doesn't streak at all going on, even in a quick-and-careless application: it covers the whole nail evenly and perfectly. Nails are dry to the touch within a minute, and I have yet to have a smudge problem (knock on wood). And it's shiny and glossy, but not over-the-top, and seems to be long-lasting...although, of course, it's hard for me to judge that since I change polish at least every other day.

Also? It's Big Three Free. Which I sort of care about, but also sort of don't (I prefer polishes that are BTF, but I don't exclude those that aren't).

In short...I may have found the perfect top coat. At least for my own use. Huzzah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com